By the Author of Four National Bestselling Books!
Do you have trouble identifying and managing your financial priorities? Have you thought about investing, but aren't sure which of the thousands of choices fits best into your financial picture? Are you overwhelmed and confused by the retirement planning options available today? Well, help has arrived! Personal Finance For Dummies®, 2nd Edition, by financial counselor and consumer advocate Eric Tyson, is your guide to money management success! This solid reference cuts through the jargon and provides you with sound advice, expert tips, and recommendations for how to quickly get your financial picture in order. Ask for IDG Books' For Dummies®Business Books, the Fun and Easy Way to Manage Your Money! Also look for Investing For Dummies® and Mutual Funds For Dummies®, both by bestselling author Eric Tyson, your essential references for smart investing!
Inside, you'll discover how to:
- Assess your current financial situation
- Get out of debt and stay out!
- Decrease your spending and create a budget you can live with
- Pinpoint your investment priorities
- Plan ahead for your retirement and slash your taxes
- Understand stocks, real estate, and other wealth–building investments
- Make wise financial decisions when faced with major life changes like downsizing or retirement
- Improve your insurance coverage and reduce its cost
- Determine whether you need to hire financial help and how to find it
- Use your computer to manage your finances